Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Its Just a Cover letter, Sam.

So I decided to take a different approach to applying to jobs.  I found this on Craigslist and it inspired me to see if  I get a response to something as silly as what I said below (  Ahh, my Quesedillas are burning!).


Do you think I got the job? 




"Hello,

My name is Sam Potts.  I do all sorts of cool stuff.  Imaging a gorilla in a tree pearing down on the city skyline.  Thats me!  But with a video camera, Sunglasses and a six pack of cola to sip on.  Scooters don't scare me.  Neither do hawks.  But If  I wasn't so friggin heavy, i'd try to ride one.   Hmmm...Maybe someday.. I'll let you know when I attempt it.  Should be interesting.

Anyhoo, feel free to look at my portfolio of videos at vimeo.com/sampotts  and sampotts.com where I have tons of videos and photos!

I have tons of experience and would love to work with some fun and crative people.

Ciao! "
Oh yeah, I went to monster trucks this last friday! They also threw in a demolition derby















Samuel Potts


Photography + Video
5 2 0 . 3 3 1 . 1 0 2 5

2 comments:

  1. I would hire whomever sent me such a radical cover letter no questions asked. Also, the monster truck photos are seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AVENGER is so cool! If the cover letter were on my desk, I would have to call you. Ya know? Dad

    ReplyDelete